Northeast Regional Committee Meeting
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Chair: Jamie Reedy, MD, Chief of Population Health, Summit Health
Insights from D.C.
Valinda Rutledge, Executive Vice President of Federal Affairs, America’s Physician Groups
- Up-to-date information regarding health care in the federal political agenda
Introduction to Mass General Brigham
Lindsay Jubelt, MD, MS, Chief Population Health Officer, Chief Medical Officer, Allways Health Partners
Bethany Stewart, Senior Program Manager
- Hear about how Mass General Brigham structures their value-based/population health programs
Value-based Enterprises Under the New Stark & Anti-Kickback Rules
John P. Marren, JD, Founding Partner, Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd.
Thomas J. Babbo, JD, Partner, Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd.
- Be informed regarding the new Stark Law and Anti-kickback Statute rules regarding Value-based Enterprises and Arrangements
- Understand how medical groups can use these regulatory changes to create innovative, population health and risk-based initiatives with partner hospitals, health systems, and other providers
- Compare and contrast the Value-based Stark and Anti-kickback rules with existing legal models like ACOs and CINs
Important Conversations to Improve CAHPS and HOS Survey Results
Leigh Ann Behre, Program Manager, Quality & Patient Experience, Summit Health
- Understand how impacting actual patient experience and performance on patient experience surveys differ
- Implement strategies to improve CAHPS and HOS results outside of the patient encounter
- Engage both clinical and non-clinical teams from across the group in improving patient survey results
Jennifer Jackman, Vice President of Business Development, America’s Physician Groups
- Current meetings, activities, and other items of interest for APG Members
Many thanks to Sanofi Pasteur for supporting this event.