As a national organization with California roots, America’s Physician Groups is hard at work in Sacramento and Washington, D.C., fighting on behalf of our members—as well as the patients and communities they serve—for a healthcare system that recognizes the value of risk-based, coordinated, and accountable care.
At APG, we are tackling several priorities on our advocacy front.
Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA)
MACRA, bipartisan legislation signed into law on April 16, 2015, repeals the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) and puts into place the Quality Payment Program (QPP) to reward Medicare clinicians for value over volume.
The QPP has two tracks: the Merit-based Incentive Payments System (MIPS) and advanced alternative payment models (APMs). APG is committed to full implementation of MACRA as intended by Congress and is educating our members and others on how to participate and be most successful.
APG Federal Comment Letters
Our Resources are available for Members. If you are an APG Member, please sign in to view all of our Resources.
Proposed and Final Rules and Regulations
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Final Rate Notice and Call Letter (click here to access the final rate notice and call letter)
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Part I Advance Notice – Risk Adjustment (click here to access the advance notice and draft call letter, Part I)
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Part II Advance Notice – Risk Adjustment (click here to access the advance notice and draft call letter, Part II)
- MACRA Final Rule 2018 | Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2018; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (click here to access full text published in the Federal Register)
- Fee Schedule Final Rule 2018 | Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2018; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (click here to access full text published in the Federal Register)
Agency and Stakeholder Resources
- CMS 2018 Open Enrollment Period Final Report
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) 2017 report on the MACRA QPP
- MMA Medicaid Dashboard, an online tool that tracks national and state level data, local program details, statistics, and public polling on Medicaid
- OIG Report on 428 Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) Spending and Quality
- APM Framework, a white paper from the HHS Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) to track progress toward payment reform
- CMS Issuer County Map of projected participation on the Health Insurance Exchanges in 2018
- MedPAC 2017 Data Book, information on national health care and Medicare spending
- Medicare 2017 Trustees Report