Pharmaceutical Care Committee Meeting
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Pacific).
Thank you for registering for APG’s December 15th Pharmaceutical Care Committee meeting.
You can watch the meeting by clicking here.
Below are presentations you can download:
- APG’s Federal Update
- CSHP’s Update on California New Policy and Trends Impacting Pharmacy
- Aetna’s presentation
- SCAN Health Plan’s presentation
- CalOptima’s presentation
Additionally, Amit Khurana kindly provided us with these answers to questions that came up during the meeting:
- Magellan’s response to the question about enteral products: “We do have a pharmacy locator tool that can be utilized but we do not have a search function for enteral products. If there is a pharmacy they go to now, I would suggest looking them up in the tool.”
- You can download the DHCS scope document here.
- In my response to David’s question, I indicated the “partial” drugs and these are noted on scope document. See Chart#2 -anything that states “partially” is the gray area and may go through either Medical (Health plan/IPA responsibility) or Pharmacy (Magellan/FFS responsibility). As the footnote in the chart indicates, they are only carved-out when billed as a pharmacy claim. Physician Administered Drugs (PADs) do not have billing restrictions meaning they can be either through medical or pharmacy. But again refer to the Provider manual as was also suggested. Chart #2 also mentions these on Page 2.
Thank you to abbvie, Genentech, and NovoNordisk for supporting our meeting!