Bill Gil is Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, Providence Southern California Medical Foundations, leading the two Providence medical foundations: Facey Medical Foundation and Providence Medical Institute. Bill is the former CEO of Facey Medical Foundation, a nonprofit medical foundation that manages the 160-physician Facey Medical Group. Providence and Facey formed an affiliation in 2012. With his extensive experience and his leadership skills, Bill is focused on growing both physician foundations while enhancing a commitment to clinical excellence through shared records and expert-to-expert collaboration. He comes to Providence with more than 20 years experience in senior management in the medical group industry. Bill holds an MBA from Pepperdine University. He has published several articles on managed health care. Bill also teaches at the University of Southern California (USC), in the Master’s Program.
Area of Expertise
- Strategic contract negotiation in multiple payment models, including risk-based arrangement
- Development of integration strategies between medical groups and healthcare systems
- Development/ administration of large medical groups and IPAs in integrated delivery systems
- Development of strategic plans and initiatives aimed at excellence in Population Health
- Development and implementation of compensation models for large multispecialty medical groups