As a national organization with California roots, America’s Physician Groups is hard at work in Sacramento and Washington, D.C., fighting on behalf of our members—as well as the patients and communities they serve—for a healthcare system that recognizes the value of risk-based, coordinated, and accountable care.
At APG, we are focusing on several priorities on our advocacy front in 2021: Accelerating the movement to value-based care, strengthening Medicare Advantage to drive better value, and lowering healthcare costs.
Click here to download APG’s 2021 Advocacy Priorities.
APG Federal Comment Letters
Our Resources are available for Members. If you are an APG Member, please sign in to view all of our Resources.
We applaud recent congressional efforts to advance a value-driven healthcare system. Landmark legislation, such as MACRA and 21st Century…
America’s Physician Groups signs letter thanking Senate leadership for supporting CREATES Act to improve prescription drug affordability
"We write to urge rapid, bipartisan action to stabilize the nation’s health insurance markets and prevent cost increases for…
Posted Date:9/9/2015For Immediate ReleaseSeptember 10, 2015CAPG Statement on CY 2016 Medicare Part B Physician Fee Schedule Proposed RuleWashington, D.C.—CAPG,…
Proposed and Final Rules and Regulations
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Final Rate Notice and Call Letter (click here to access the final rate notice and call letter)
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Part I Advance Notice – Risk Adjustment (click here to access the advance notice and draft call letter, Part I)
- Medicare Advantage 2019 Part II Advance Notice – Risk Adjustment (click here to access the advance notice and draft call letter, Part II)
- MACRA Final Rule 2018 | Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2018; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (click here to access full text published in the Federal Register)
- Fee Schedule Final Rule 2018 | Revisions to Payment Policies Under the Physician Fee Schedule and Other Revisions to Part B for CY 2018; Medicare Shared Savings Program Requirements; and Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (click here to access full text published in the Federal Register)
Agency and Stakeholder Resources
- CMS 2018 Open Enrollment Period Final Report
- Office of Inspector General (OIG) 2017 report on the MACRA QPP
- MMA Medicaid Dashboard, an online tool that tracks national and state level data, local program details, statistics, and public polling on Medicaid
- OIG Report on 428 Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) Spending and Quality
- APM Framework, a white paper from the HHS Health Care Payment Learning & Action Network (LAN) to track progress toward payment reform
- CMS Issuer County Map of projected participation on the Health Insurance Exchanges in 2018
- MedPAC 2017 Data Book, information on national health care and Medicare spending
- Medicare 2017 Trustees Report